Tubbataha yacht charter gives experienced divers exclusive access to the UNESCO World Heritage site – the Tubbataha Reefs. The moment you step on board, your world is opened to ultimate luxury that you deserve, with nothing but pure scuba diving adventure. Why not make the most out of your Tubbataha dive holiday by chartering a crewed yacht just for your diver friends and loved ones? It’s a once-in-a-lifetime experience in one of the most glorious dive charter destinations in the world.
The Tubbataha Reefs
The Tubbataha Reefs is a well-protected National Marine Park in the Philippines located right in the middle of Sulu Sea. It is known for its extraordinary biodiversity, diverse marine life, and breathtaking drop-offs into the open sea. The Tubbataha reefs is home to nearly half of all coral species and as well as over 180 threatened or near threatened species. Due to its isolation, the Tubbataha Reefs can only be visited by experienced divers on liveaboard boats. It is one of the last dive spots in Asia with guaranteed shark sightings on almost every dive.
Best Time to Dive Tubbataha
Due to sea and weather conditions, one can only dive the Tubbataha reefs from March to June. That’s only three months in a year – one perfect reason to charter a pleasure yacht and embark on an ultimate dive vacation. Tubbataha’s short season and ‘exclusivity’ guarantee the pristine conditions of the marine flora and fauna.
Why Charter a Dive Yacht?
A dive yacht charter offers a sense of flexibility and freedom that is truly unrivaled unlike the restrictions of the usual cruise ship itinerary. It is for those looking for a perfect alternative to liveaboard dive ‘cattle boats’. A Tubbataha dive vacation aboard a crewed charter yacht offers custom-tailored schedules, privacy and even the ability to choose dive sites to suit your interests. The whole experience will be customized to the desires and needs of the divers, with a professional dive crew dedicated to making your Tubbataha dive truly unforgettable.
All members of the charter party do not need to be scuba divers to have an enjoyable vacation. Beginners can even take their PADI courses during their Tubbataha trip by hiring a personal PADI instructor. Everyone will benefit from personalized services, pressure-free training schedules, and a dive-dedicated yacht equipped with onboard dive compressor for ensuring a regular supply of air fills.
Tubbataha yacht charter lets divers immerse themselves in the luxury of nonstop scuba diving, relaxation, fabulous accommodation, breathtaking sea views, and gourmet cuisine. You don’t have to worry about strict dive itineraries or a bunch of other strangers onboard. You can dive to your heart’s content and have your own private floating sanctuary!
Tubbataha Yacht Charter
Divers will board a Philippine-registered pleasure yacht that has been cruising the Tubbataha reefs for many years now. It is one of the longest-running liveaboards with a highly experienced crew. The crewed yacht is designed specifically to cater to scuba divers. There are comfortable and air-conditioned cabins for all guests with ocean views and private bathrooms.
The dive yacht has complete safety equipment and first aid kit onboard including medical supplies, AED and medical oxygen. Although not required, getting a clearance from your doctor is highly recommended as diving in the Tubbataha reefs can be stressful at times.
Note: Tubbataha yacht charter is subject to availability. The slots are limited and there are hundreds of divers every year who want to come to the Philippines to dive the Tubbataha reefs. Let us know how many divers will be onboard so we can reserve a comparable yacht ahead of time. We may look for a bigger or smaller liveaboard vessel – or depending on the specific requirements of your group.
Itinerary at a Glance
If you are chartering a yacht for diving, it is without a doubt that you love spending time in and around the sea. One of the best things about the Tubbataha yacht charter is that you can have a custom dive vacation. This itinerary only serves to inspire you and can be tailored to suit your requirements.
Note: Below is a suggested Tubbataha itinerary only and is subject to change depending on the tide, current, weather, and sea conditions.
Day 1: Welcome to Puerto Princesa
We will pick you up at the airport or hotel to transfer you t,o the port. Those who arrive early can have lunch in the city or do some last-minute shopping. The ship will lift anchor at approximately 6:30-7:30 PM.
- Transfer to port upon arrival in Puerto Princesa City.
- Dive briefing
- Free time in the afternoon/leisure
- 1800H – Lift anchor for departure to Bird Island, North Tubbataha (11 hours)
- Accommodation and meals onboard
Day 2-3: Four Dives Per Day at North Tubbataha
Day 4-5: Four Dives Per Day at South Tubbataha
Day 6: Two Dives (Or Depending on Return Flights)
- Visit Ranger station
- Depart for Puerto Princesa City in the afternoon
Day 7: Back to Puerto Princesa
- Arrive at Puerto Princesa City
- Breakfast onboard
- Transfer to hotel/airport
At the end of your Tubbataha dive trip, we will pick you up at the port to transfer you to your hotel in Puerto Princesa or to the airport.
Note: Departure flights are recommended 24 hours after your last dive
- Full board accommodation (7 Days/6 Nights)
- Diving (4 no-decompression dives a day)
- Night dive
- Full dive gear (regular air tanks, BCD, weight belts, regulator, dive computer, mask, fins, wetsuit, and booties)
- PADI Certified divemaster
- Full board meals (buffet style), snacks, tea, coffee, juice and filtered water
- Land transfer to/from the ship
- Park entrance fees and dive permits
- Service charge
- Fuel surcharge
- Personalized service and email reminders
- 24/7 client support
- International and domestic flights
- Travel, dive and medical insurances
- Hotel accommodations and meals before or after the cruise
- Soft drinks, beer, wine or spirits
- Nitrox fills
- Gratuities for the crew
- Laundry service
Tubbataha yacht charter is subject to availability. We may book you with a comparable liveaboard vessel. Rates and inclusions may vary. Please talk to our itinerary specialist to inquire about the available Tubbataha yacht charter for 2019.
- Please read our Terms & Conditions before making a reservation.
- Reservations may be made online or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- To reserve the slot, 35% deposit is required within 7 days of the booking request.
- Full and final payment is due 120 days before the sailing date.
- For short notice bookings made within 120 days of the sailing date, the full amount is due when booking.
- All payments can be made via Paypal (+5% Paypal Fee) or Bank Transfer (bank fees may apply).
- All guests must complete the Waiver Agreement and Medical Statement/Release of Liability.
- Valid passport is required.
- Minimum of 40 logged dives is required – no need for advanced license but the diver should be experienced.
- A minimum pre-flight surface interval greater than 18 hours is suggested.
- We strongly recommend that you purchase your own dive, travel and medical insurance.
- Decompression dives are not allowed.
- There is intermittent mobile service in Tubbataha.
- Special occasions are always a cause for celebrations. Please inform us in advance for any special occasions such as birthdays, honeymoon or even milestone dives.
For a hassle-free Tubbataha dive trip, our Palawan itinerary specialist will be happy to reserve the slots for you.
Photo src, Palausport